This really is a badass server. Like that two can be “stacked” in a chassis. The B260 2.4 TB of internal storage is a Nice way to avoid the horror of C-Series.
The Cisco UCS B260 M4 combines the power of two Intel® Xeon® processor E7 v3 product family and accelerates access to critical data. This blade server supports up to 36 processor cores, 3.0 TB of memory, 2.4 TB of internal storage, and 160 Gbps of overall Ethernet throughput. In addition, the Cisco UCS B260 M4 server’s innovative modular design offers the capability to upgrade to a 4-socket Cisco UCS B460 M4 server in a cost-effective manner. Simply add another blade module, along with the Cisco UCS M4 Scalability Connector, to double the computing, memory, and I/O capabilities of the server.
The Cisco UCS B260 M4 provides:
● Two Intel® Xeon® processor E7 v3 product family
● 48 DDR3 memory DIMM slots
● Two hot-pluggable drive bays for Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) or Solid State Disks (SSDs)
● SAS controller on board with RAID 0 and 1 support
● Three PCIe mezzanine slots, with one dedicated for optional Cisco UCS VIC 1340, and two slots for Cisco UCS VIC 1380,VIC port expander, or flash cards
● Cost effective option to upgrade to the Cisco UCS B460 M4 4-socket blade server