2013 was a year full of UCS for Mr. RealWorldUCS. Was fun. Setup over 320 Blades, and two UCS Pods of 20 chassis each. Hyper-V 2012 is proving to be amazing on UCS. For more on current Hyper-V projects checkout http://www.exehyperv.com/. One day Kevin may start posting some Hyper-V content.
Bill Shields over at the Cisco Blog under Data Center and Cloud has wrapped up 2013 UCS progress.
From the post:
- 77% reduction of ongoing administrative/management costs based on 29 customers.
- 53% reduction in power & cooling based on 53 customers.
- 77% reduction in cabling with an average cost savings of 71% based on 25 & 7 customers respectively.
- 41% reduction in other operations costs based on 13 customers.
- 87% reduction in provisioning times based on 78 customers.
Those numbers look accurate to me. Believe the “reduction of ongoing administrative/management costs” might be higher for many.
Happy New Year!
Be First to Comment