Be sure to stay current, or checkout the Cisco UCS Emulator if you have not done this already.
Runs very well under VMWare Player. Just be sure not to download the OVA file, it will not import if using Player.
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(1bPE1)
New Hardware Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(1bPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:
- SD card – All supported Compute servers now have SD card in their slot.
New Software Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(1bPE1) includes the following new features:
- Smartplay bundles with new bundle packs
- Second-level boot order support for Blade and Rack servers
- User-Space NIC (usNIC) support for Blade and Rack servers
- Firmware download support from a local file system
- Direct Connect Rack configuration feature in the Emulator GUI
- SD card firmware upgrade support for supported Compute servers
NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles. Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries. The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.