New Cisco UCS Servers: Redefining Scale Up, Scale Up and Scale Out
These are some amazing machines. Just done getting the M3 Series broken in, and M4’s are out!
- Scale Up—the UCS B260 M4 blade server scales out to
- 160 Gbps of I/O bandwidth,
- 1.5 TB of memory with eventual scalability to 3.0 TB of memory
- 2 mezzanine slots and 1 built-in mLOM
- Up to 2, 15-core, Intel® Xeon® processor E7 v2s CPUs running at 155 Watts
- An innovative design: The Cisco UCS B260 M4 server’s features a simple upgrade by adding another UCS B260 M4 blade module, along with the UCS M4 Scalable Connector, to double the compute, memory and I/O capability of the server.
- Scale Out— these new Cisco servers inherit the benefits that all UCS Managed servers enjoy: fast, automatic, consistent, repeatable and error-free provisioning and deployment of servers. In fact, an aggregate of UCS customers saved:
- 61% reduction of ongoing administrative/management costs
- 54% reduction in power & cooling
- 77% reduction in cabling with an average cost savings of 71%
- 41% reduction in other operations costs
- 84% reduction in provisioning times
Be First to Comment