Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 4.2(2aPE1)
CONFIGURATION IMPORT NOTE: Importing configuration backups (All, System, or Logical) taken from the UCS Platform Emulator (UCSPE) to physical UCS Manager domains is not recommended or supported by Cisco TAC. UCSPE backups should only be imported to UCSPE domains.
New Features and Significant Changes in Cisco UCS PE, Release 4.2(2aPE1)
- Full scale emulation of UCS Manager 4.2(2a) with support for M6 Servers. Note that not all features present in UCS Manager 4.2(2a) are supported (see Known Limitations in the Release Notes).
- New default HW config with 64108 Fabric Interconnects and M6 Servers.
- UCSPE is featured in a Cisco dCloud programmability demo. The demo includes a comprehensive lab guide including the following content for Cisco UCS PowerTool and the Python SDK:
- Overviews of PowerShell and Python programming environments with step-by-step usage instructions.
- Code generation examples including code generation with UCS Manager’s HTML5 interface.
- Sample script creation and use with UCSPE.
Hardware Feature Summary
- 64108 and 6454 Fabric Interconnects
- C4200 Series Rack Server Chassis with C125 Rack Servers
- M6 and M5 B-Series and C-Series servers including HX220C and HX240C
- Cisco UCS S3260 chassis, servers, and storage controllers
- NVMe-based PCIe storage options
- The Platform Emulator does not support connections to Cisco Intersight to avoid the use of Intersight resources by emulated devices. The Intersight Device Connector has been disabled and the device connector menu in the UI is non-functional. You can use Intersight demo environments in the Cisco demo Cloud (https://dcloud.cisco.com/ ) and Cisco DevNet (https://developer.cisco.com/site/intersight/ ) to explore Intersight management of UCS.
- Imported configurations should be manually checked to ensure there are no missing or unsupported components. If issues are experienced following an import, any unsupported components can be manually deleted and missing components manually added through the Equipment menu on the Navigation pane.
- Firmware Management and Firmware Auto Install have not been fully validated in this release. If issues are experienced during FW download, please try alternate methods such as API based download (e.g., using PowerTool or Python SDK). If issues are experienced with FW policies, please try excluding all components from the policy.
- AAA-based authentication (LDAP, RADIUS, TACACs): The Platform Emulator accepts security configuration changes, but does not enforce local or remote password authentication. Any username and password combination can successfully log into the Cisco UCS Manger UI with administrator privileges.
IMPORTANT CONFIGURATION NOTE: Backup/Import of UCSM Configuration
- The Platform Emulator does not save UCSM configuration state across Emulator resets to avoid consistency issues in UCSM configuration and the emulator HW configuration. To preserve UCSM state, UCSM backup and import operations can be performed. See an example backup/import flow at PythonSDK for backup/restore (import) of UCSM config
Firmware Management: UCSPE supports uploading B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles. Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCSPE only supports uploading of stripped-down versions (link below). Stripped-down versions include only the firmware metadata (not the actual firmware binaries).
- Download UCSPE Firmware Bundles: UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)
- Direct downloads from this site are not supported. The following links should be used for downloads:
- OVA and ZIP file downloads: UCSPE_4.2(2a) Downloads
- Note that download and use of the Platform Emulator is subject to the UCS Platform Emulator License Agreement
MD5 hashes for downloads:
- ZIP: b390bbf1d783532194141c9b7bff6d64
- OVA: 1577b7b88b7287b707fea9995c5f0135
Powered by WPeMatico
Go to Source